2008 Kawasaki KFX® 700
March 6 2019 S8 028
on;y has about 5-6 hours on the rebuild. At Leeson's Import Motors Inc
The big easy V-twin sport is less work and more play.
It's simple to see why the KFX®700 all-terrain vehicle (ATV) continues to be a hit with off-roaders. The winning formula of Kawasaki's powerful V-twin engine and automatic transmission coupled with a racing-style chassis adds up to a sport ATV that offers aggressive all-day riding that is fun and easy for a wide range of riders.
At the heart of the KFX700's power and performance is its engine. The liquid-cooled, 697cc, four-stroke, 90-degree V-twin is matched to a performance-tuned continuously variable automatic transmission. The combination eliminates shifting concerns because it's in the optimum powerband at all times. This allows the rider to focus even more attention on choosing good lines, whether it's on the race track or trail.
Other features include shaft drive, powerful dual front disc brakes and Kawasaki's sealed, oil-bathed, multi-disc rear brake system. The KFX700 also features a racing-inspired single lower front frame tube –the design preferred by cross-country ATV racers.
Up front the dual A-arms feature 9.3 inches of travel while providing optimum handling with minimal “tire scrub” during up-and-down suspension travel. Rear suspension duties are handled by a motocross-inspired alloy swingarm with a piggy-back reservoir shock and 7.9 inches of travel. The KFX700 is shod with the ITP® Holeshot® tires to gain maximum traction and maneuverability.
Rounding out the features list are sport-style serrated footpegs, a protective engine skid plate and powerful 45-watt headlights.
- 697cc V-twin four-stroke engine with dual Keihin downdraft carburetors provide maximum torque while 90-degree cylinder offset produces perfect primary balance to minimize vibration
- Super-responsive Kawasaki continuously variable transmission (CVT) with special Kevlar reinforced drive belt that enhances acceleration while maximizing durability
- Forward-neutral-reverse grip-type shifter is positioned conveniently on the left handlebar to make gear selection quick and easy
- Racing-style chassis with single-spar front frame tube for maximum A-arm length is the design of choice amongst Grand National Cross Country (GNCC) ATV racers
- Dual A-arm front suspension features 9.3 inches of travel—the long, flat angle of the A-arms provide optimum handling by minimizing “tire scrub” during up-and-down suspension travel
- Unitized alloy swingarm with large-capacity, piggyback reservoir shock and dual-rate spring features compression damping, pre-load adjustment and 7.9 inches of travel
- Unitized swingarm also features integrated shaft drive and Kawasaki's sealed multi-disc brake assembly for superior ground clearance and fade-free braking power
- Low-mounted 3.2-gallon fuel tank helps keep the center of gravity low for enhanced handling
- GNCC-proven ITP® Holeshot® tires provide maximum traction and stability
- Aluminum alloy rims feature welded inserts for added strength and durability
- 90 watts of halogen lighting power gives the nighttime rider exceptional visibility
- Sport-style serrated footpegs allow maximum rider mobility and control
- Engine: Liquid-cooled, four-stroke V-twin, SOHC, four valves per cylinder with wet sump lubrication
- Displacement: 697cc
- Bore x stroke: 82 x 66 mm
- Carburetion: Dual Keihin CVKR-D32
- Starting: Electric
- Transmission: Continuously variable transmission with forward, reverse and neutral
- Final drive: Shaft
- Frame type: Double cradle, racing type, high-tensile tubular steel
- Front suspension / wheel travel: Dual A-arms, coil-over shocks / 9.3 in.
- Rear suspension / wheel travel: Linkless swingarm, piggy-back reservoir shock, dual-rate spring / 7.9 in.
- Front tires: ITP® Holeshot® AT22x7-10
- Rear tires: ITP® Holeshot® AT22x11-10
- Front brakes: Dual discs with two-piston calipers
- Rear brake: Sealed, oil-bathed, multi-disc
- Overall length: 78.1 in.
- Overall width: 47.0 in.
- Overall height: 46.1 in.
- Seat height: 33.5 in.
- Wheelbase: 50.6 in.
- Ground clearance: At center of chassis – 9.6 in, at rear axle – 6.3 in.
- Lighting: Dual 45W halogen headlights, 5/21W taillight/brake light
- Dry weight: 516 lbs
- Fuel capacity: 3.2 gal
- Footpegs: sport-style serrated
- Color Choices: Lime Green, Immersion White Marble
- Good Times™ Protection Plan: 12, 24, 36 or 48 months
- Warranty: 6 Months
- Engine Type
- Four-stroke V-twin, SOHC, four valves per cylinder with wet sump lubrication
- Bore x Stroke
- 82 x 66 mm
- Engine Cooling
- Fuel System
- Carburetion: Dual Keihin CVKR-D32
- Starting System
- Front Suspension
- Dual A-arms, coil-over shocks
- Front Travel
- 9.3 in.
- Front Brake Type
- Dual discs with two-piston calipers
- Front Tires
- ITP® Holeshot® AT22x7-10
- Rear Suspension
- Linkless swingarm, piggy-back reservoir shock, dual-rate spring
- Rear Travel
- 7.9 in.
- Rear Brake Type
- Sealed, oil-bathed, multi-disc
- Rear Tires
- ITP® Holeshot® AT22x11-10
- Double cradle, racing type, high-tensile tubular steel
- Dry Weight
- 516 lbs
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.2 gal
- Ground Clearance
- At center of chassis – 9.6 in, at rear axle – 6.3 in.
- Machine Dimensions (LxWxH)
- 78.1 x 47.0 x 46.1 in.
- 50.6 in.
- Final Drive
- Continuously variable transmission with forward, reverse and neutral
- Dual 45W halogen headlights, 5/21W taillight/brake light
- Lime Green, Immersion White Marble
- 6 Months; Good Times™ Protection Plan: 12, 24, 36 or 48 months